04/05/2011

Prints, lovely prints.

I am a big lover of prints. And in this post I am going to share with you some of the loveliest prints of this year fashion shows.

I would say that one of my most favorite prints ever. And this could be found in the last collection by Phoebe Philo for Celine F/W 2011.


The next one I was going to show you is by Rodarte F/W 2011.  Check the print at the bottom. And tell me what could of been more suitable for a Ukrainian lady that this dress. Some of you may ask why, here is the answer.  The answer is that the Ukrainian flag according to some sources is a stylised version of an image of the sky and a grain field.



Alright, the next print I am going to show you here is an example of Stella McCartney`s prints for her collection F/W 2011. Most of the fashion experts relate it to mylar, a special type of metallized foil which reflect around 97% of light. Girls are going to shine in this Stella McCartney`s collection!


Or check this one!


Birds are still going to appear on our t-shirts, skirts and dresses next year. I really like it. They add romanticism to the looks and here are the proofs of it. 

Mulberry F/W 2011


And Miu Miu F/W 2011.  I thought that skylarks are the messengers of spring, guess what this rule apply`s to fashion as well. We always want something that reminds us of spring during a cold winter. 


For those who are real experts in art ( which I am not), check the prints in Dries Van Noten collection. Some people say that he was inspired by the expressionists, some say that he was inspired by Russian constructivist`s painters. Who knows, I`ll just add that Dries Van Noten knows how to mix colors and patterns in the looks he creates. This is real magic, and certainly this needs a certain amount of taste and understanding of colors.






Comme des garcons has shown us how it is possible to wear things made up from a million of scarves. This is an idea that was predicted to be copied by the mass market soon. 



And to sum it all up. This dress fascinates me now for a while already. It is made by Charles Anastase for his FW 20011 collection. And I think that this print is gorgeous.

2 comments: