31/05/2011

Danger Mouse & Daniel Luppi: Rome




I wanted to share with you my opinion about the album by Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi: Rome. I really like it! Due to the fact that I am in my period of revision - this is the only album that gives me the possibility to revise and listen to music. It is not killing my brain or distracting me. 
Danger Mouse is Brian Burton, a composer and producer who has worked with Gorillaz, Cee Lo Green (his partner in Gnarls Barkeley), Broken Bells, Sparklehouse and U2. The co-writer of this album is Daniele Luppi, and Italian Expat in the US. Thanks to Daniele Luppi this album became so Italian, by definition. And has even been recorded in Rome. As you can see this album presents  the beautiful Norah Jones and Jack White as well. 
Apparently it took seven years for Brian Burton to pull the album. However it was worth it, as Rome came out as one of the most melodic albums I have heard  this last year. This album hints loss, pain and disappointment. And nine tracks out of fifteen tracks are instrumental. These tracks represent a virtuous composition of strings, celeste, choir, combo guitars and drums. It has nothing to do with the hip-hop work that has been made Brian Burton`s fame. 

Have a look at this! Hope you like it!







No comments:

Post a Comment